Monday 4 April 2016

Little Happies

If you have not already seen the film "We bought a Zoo" then folks you're missing out. This is one of my all time favourite films. It is so cute and has so many beautiful messages in it. One of my favourite messages is portrayed in a scene with the son and the father 
The son likes the girl who works at the zoo, but he has no clue how to talk to her. The father just says "20 seconds of insane courage"
The reason this post is called little Happies is because in this film there is a scene in which the father and the daughter are talking when she is about to sleep. They talk about being happy and the little girl addresses it like this 
"Well there are some things that just make my happy big! Where's your happy gone daddy?"
And it is so sweet. I also love this film because the girl in it reminds me of my younger self with big blonde curly locks.
So today I'm going to talk about a few things that make my happy big :)

Currently and all the time I've been loving a certain blogger who is so British and cute.
Her name is Rosie - Rosie the Londoner 
She has such beautiful blog posts, and she is very real with everything she does. She's so beautiful naturally and inspiring in her fashion. I love the theme of her blog and it reminds me of home.
She also has the cutest dog called Mr Custard. 
One of my most favourite activities is to go on picnics! The smell of freshly cut grass as you sit with your white lace skirt on the red tartan blanket eating a cucumber sandwich. Ahhhhh.
With high tea and scones. And little tea pots and saucers. With Quiches with little egg bites. But it would have to take place in the British countryside.
Another one of my most comfort happy treasures is fairy lights. I'm not too sure of the proper name for these little beauties but they remind me of little fairies (which I shall include in my most happy a bit later) I have several of these in my room. They bring me a sort of peace and calm. When I have my own house I imagine there will be plenty of these!
Another comfort happy of mine is anything soft or fluffy. I love teddy bears and I'm not afraid to admit I still sleep with them. They're so fluffy, call me the little girl from despicable me but THEY'RE SO FLUFFY!!!
My two little teddies I love are called Sparkle Bear and Keel. Given to me sets of grandparents.
I've also been loving the 90s Classic supermodel Cindy Crawford recently. She is also another fashion inspiration and her style is typically more edgy and denim than Rosie's classically British. These two styles are my go to's. My favorite Cindy Crawford quote is: 
"You will never look like the girl in the magazine. Even the girl in the magazine does not look like the girl in the magazine." 
One of my biggest comfort Happies is definetly popcorn! But it has to be sweet popcorn!!
Another one of my favourite things is Disney. Disney. Disney. Disney. Anything Disney. I'm a Disney fanatic. I use Walt Disney in so many of my essays at school. His life is fascinating. I admire his imagination so very much. He made my childhood dreams a reality.
A happy that brings me serenity is pianos. My wonderful parents bought me one for my birthday and playing it brings me so much calm. The sound of them is so beautiful.
I LOVE GOOD BOOKS. I love getting lost in the characters story lines. I love getting to know characters and diving into their lives. I love the beautiful flow of words the author places on the pages.
My two current favourite Broadway musicals are Mary Poppins and Finding Neverland. They both have dream roles of mine in them. If you didn't already know, I'm a musical theatre fanatic and this is what I love to do. Perform. Lights...Camera...Action...
This brings me to The thing that makes me the most happy...Peter Pan. The 2003 film. So many people question why this makes me so very happy. I simply answer them...childhood. I watched this film every single day of my childhood. I would hug the video case as I slept because I was so in love with Peter Pan. This film is my childhood summed up. Dreaming of flying, soaring, sword fighting, Indians, mermaids, Pirates. This film has shaped the way I view life, that sounds very deep. But this film has changed my perspective on life's ways. It has enabled me to always hold onto my play of pretend and my imagination and child like features. I've had many dreams of being able to fly and then thinking they were real and jumping off my bed to discover somehow they were not. But one day I'll require enough happy thoughts and I'll be as light as a feather on my feet. 






No comments:

Post a Comment